7 years ago
Monday, April 13, 2009
Blog Bits
I have some questions about blogging, and if nobody answers them I will pretend they were intentionally rhetorical...
How do I get my layout to cooperate with spacing and photo placement and such?
Why do we have SO many social media outlets? Why hasn't somebody created one master site that combines facebook, flickr, twitter, blogger, etc. all into one?
How many people actually read my blog?
Why do they ask you to type silly security words before you comment on some blogs and not on others?
Where do they come up with these words? It's fun to try and think up fake definitions...
exicalen - the process by which a fish's scales resituate during growth and development
synch - a grotesque Native American execution ritual (you know the one I'm talking about... with the horse... OUCH!)
thobshe - a thick, sticky growth that usually develops at the base of a rotting log
...oh, Balderdash!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hilarie- formatting is a very strange thing that can often take some fidgeting. Before you publish a post you can hit "preview" in the right hand column (I'm not sure how accurate it is). The word before the comment is something that can be controlled from your dashboard and each user chooses whether they will use it on their blog or not. It's supposed to prevent "spam comments" I guess. . . and yes I do read your blog! I hope that answers some of your questions. . . :)
P.S. My word to publish this comment is "osistsmi"
Hey hil,
ya the formtting can be a pain. I just tinker around until it does what I would like it to do. Sorry I can't be more helpful. And I read your blog!
P.S. Efory: the action of kicking one's leg in exuberance! ;)
Have a great day!
Just because you asked, I actually read your blog.
And thanks for your random definitions.
Post a Comment