Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cereal

This morning I had cereal for breakfast. Sometimes I wonder why we love it so much. If you think about it too hard, you realize that a bunch of thin, flaky wheat crackers floating in a bowl of milk is kind of disgusting. It's just strange, some of the things we think ourselves into liking or disliking. As much as we wouldn't like to admit it, this lovely cereal example reflects how dependent our opinions are upon other people and the cultural contexts we coexist in. Yeah, I just love cereal. So much! My favorite kind of [soggy flat grain cracker] would have to be Life. Cinnamon Life, particularly. However, tomorrow that might change to Raisin Nut Bran, because of the yummy nutty covered raisins. Or if I'm feeling healthy I really do love Special K, but sometimes you just can't refuse the sweettasteofthoseCinnamonToastCrunchswirlsineverybite!

No comments: